Friday, April 16, 2010

Grocery Shopping on a Budget...

If you don't have time to shop or are concerned about over spending at the grocery store, home delivery may be a good option for you.  A friend of mine recently told me about her experience with grocery delivery from Safeway.  At this point in time she doesn't have a car so shopping online and getting her groceries delivered is a great way to solve her shopping dilemma.

I gave grocery delivery a shot last week and found it to be very useful.  Since I was able to see my total online before I purchased there were no surprises at checkout.  I avoided the temptation of display stands and impulse buying.  I was also able to compare prices on the available brands for the items I chose and see what was on sale.  Safeway offers free delivery on your first order, FREE always works for me!  You can choose from a 2 or 4 hour delivery window.  The delivery guy showed up right on time.  He was very nice and even carried the groceries into my kitchen for me.  Another great thing is that the drivers aren't allowed to take tips so you don't have to feel obligated to give them one.  All in all it was a great experience.  The only negative thing I have to say is that I feel like I could have saved some money by shopping in my usual way.  Overall grocery delivery from Safeway is convenient, saves time and gas.  But don't just take my word for it, give it a shot yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment